26th Annual Conasauga River Watershed Clean-Up
October 24 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| Free
Be part of the tradition. Join us for the 25th anniversary of the Conasauga River Watershed CleanUp! Choose a site and have some filthy fun as you help clean up our area’s beautiful streams and river! The event is held in conjunction with Georgia’s Annual Waterway Clean-Up, Rivers Alive. We’ll bring the snacks and supplies and you bring the whole family and together, let’s clean up our planet!
This year’s clean-up will take place at eight locations:
1. Conasauga River at Carlton Petty Road bridge
2. Conasauga River at Highway 2 bridge
3. Conasauga River at Lower King’s Bridge/Norton Bridge
4. Holly Creek, Murray County, on the Chattahoochee National Forest
5. Mill Creek tributary in the City of Dalton
6. Lakeshore Park in the City of Dalton
7. Crown Creek in the City of Dalton
8.Conasauga River Snorkeling Hole, TN
Download the flyer with directions at http://www.keepdaltonwhitfieldbeautiful.org/
Sturdy shoes or boots, gloves, long pants, and long-sleeved shirts are recommended. Hip or chest waders are useful but are not required. Trash bags will be provided and at least the first 250 volunteers will receive a free neck buff and a baseball hat as a thank you for helping to clean-up our community’s beautiful river and streams!
Protect our Conasauga: One of the six most biologically diverse freshwater river systems in the United States, the Conasauga River supports 24 endangered species and a dozen other imperiled species, including the Southern Pigtoe mussel and the Conasauga Logperch, a fish found nowhere else in the world.