Go Off the Rails!
The annual Off the Rails Entertainment Series is one of Downtown Dalton’s biggest free live music events that you don’t want to miss.
Originally created in the early 2000s to build a live music scene in Downtown Dalton throughout the summer, Off the Rails is a joint effort between the Convention & Visitors Bureau, Downtown Dalton Development Authority, Community Foundation and the Creative Arts Guild to bring amazing musical talent to the area. The performing artists and bands span across diverse genres of music, featuring Bluegrass, Latino, Blues, Indie, Country, Rock and much more.
Off the Rails kicks off in the summer, usually held every Friday with additional concerts every third week of the month from August to October. Performances are held outdoors at Burr Performing Arts Park in the heart of Downtown Dalton. Opening acts take the stage at 7:30 PM with headliners starting at 8:30 PM. All concert nights are FREE admission with wine, craft beer and domestic bottles are available for purchase on-site.
Off the Rails is about bringing people together to share in the gift of music with locals and visitors to the community alike! Stay up to date with Off the Rails and other events on DaltonEvents.com
The Off the Rails Entertainment Series is held at Burr Performing Arts Park (101 S Hamilton St, Dalton, GA 30720) in the heart of Downtown Dalton. Enjoy dinner and drinks at the many local restaurants Downtown within walking distance before the show starts.
There is plenty of street parking throughout the area including public parking decks next to Burr Park and Across from the Whitfield County Courthouse (205 N Selvidge St, Dalton, GA 30720 – next to the BB&T now Truist Banking Branch.
- “When are the concerts?”
- Off the Rails Concerts are usually every Friday in June and July during the summer. From August to October they’re moved to the third (3rd) Friday of the month.’
- “What time do the concerts start?”
- The opening bands start playing at 7:30 PM with the headliners taking the stage after a brief intermission around 8:30 PM.
- “What kind of music will be playing?”
- Off the Rails features a diverse range of nationwide and local musical acts that change week to week. In the past, we’ve featured Classic Rock, Bluegrass, Latino, R&B, Motown, Indie, Country, Singer-Songwriter and Jazz just to name a few.
- “What happens if it rains?”
- The show must go on! If there is the chance of rain the show will be moved under the parking deck next to Burr Park. Shows will only be canceled in cases of inclement weather (thunderstorms, tornadoes, flash floods, etc.).
- “Will there be food and drinks available?”
- We urge concert-goers to visit some of the amazing restaurants in downtown that are all within walking distance of the park (check our dining section for a list). Craft beer, bottled domestics and wine will be available for purchase onsite.
- “What should I bring?”
- Feel free to bring picnic blankets and lawn chairs for your family and friends. Burr Park DOES NOT allow personal coolers though.
On behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to thank the following sponsors for their support in bringing Off the Rails to Dalton: