Dalton Little Theatre, DLT, held its first documented performance in 1869. The organization began as The Dalton Amateurs, and continued as The Sophoclean Dramatic Club, and The Dalton Players, before becoming Dalton Little Theatre in 1955. The theatre has performed continuously except for breaks during WWI and WWII. The organization formally incorporated in 1958, and found its first home in 1981 when it converted the former firehouse built in 1888 into The Firehouse Theatre. The Firehouse Theatre is often referred to as The Old Dalton Firehouse and it remains the home of Dalton Little Theatre to this day.