The Wink Theater
The Historic Wink Theatre, built by J.C.W. Wink in 1941, is one of the oldest structures in downtown Dalton. The Wink was built to be a small-town version of the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, and designed to be one of Dalton’s Principle Attractions. Mr. Wink had an extraordinary love for the community and was quoted as saying,The Wink was built for the people of Dalton and Whitfield County, its Your Theatre.The restoration of the Wink Theatre began in 1998 and was completed in 2002 through the efforts of Mr. Troy Hall, who had the foresight and desire to preserve one of Dalton’s few remaining historical treasures. Troy Hall, retired owner of Silver Leaf Carpet and present owner of WTTI radio station, purchased the Wink properties in 1998. With the same foresight and love of the community as Mr. Wink, Mr. Hall completely restored the original grandeur of the Wink and reopened its doors as a movie and performance theatre. Mr. Hall completely restored the interior of the 19,000 sq. ft. two story building and 8,000 sq. ft. of adjacent structures, while preserving all possible original structures to assure it’s placement on the National Registry of Historic Places.