Fort Fisk at Mill Creek Gap
Situated adjacent to Mill Creek Gap pocket park is an earthen artillery platform which the Confederates called Fort Fisk. Take a short hike and see this perfectly preserved earthwork, which was occupied by Oliver’s Eufaula Alabama Battery during the period from May 6-12, 1864. This position helped defend against assaults from Union Brig. Gen. Jefferson C. Davis’ division, Army of the Cumberland.
DIRECTIONS: I75 Exit 336, North .8 mile on US highway 41: Pocket Park is on left in front of Georgia State Patrol Building.