The Dalton Community Center was established in 1954 by a group of concerned citizens dedicated to the development of better health and wholesome recreation. In 1966 the Community Center became part of the Dalton Parks and Recreation Department. This additional expansion provided additional recreational services to the residents of the Eastside Community. The Community Center offers many different types of activities for all ages. Basketball, soccer, computer lab, tutoring, weight room facilities, dance classes, aerobics, meeting space and rental space for receptions and parties.